Gluten free: easy quinoa seed crackers
I love it when food is so tasty, you forget it is healthy and these gluten free quinoa seed crackers are the perfect example. And not only that: they are also incredibly easy to make. So, rather than grabbing a packet of crackers in the shop, make your own without additives, palm oil or other nasties. To see just how easy these are, why not visit my YouTube channel and watch the how-to video? These are delicious on their own or to accompany a lovely soup like our spicy cauliflower and parsnip one here.
Quinoa Seed Crackers
- 170 ml water
- 55 g chia seeds
- 150 g cooked quinoa cooled
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp milled flaxseeds
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the chia seeds with the water and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Mix the cooked quinoa with the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and milled flaxseeds.
- Now stir in the soaked chia seeds and mix well to combine.
- Using a spatula, spread the mixture onto the lined baking sheet to roughly 0.5cm thickness (or as thin as you’d like the crackers to be).
- Sprinkle with sea salt and use a knife to draw lines to make it easier to separate the crackers.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven to cut the crackers and then turn them over before returning to the oven to bake for a further 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when crisp and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.