Tahini Dressing to get a Calcium boost
I often whisk up this tahini dressing as it that makes any bowl of vegetables sing with Middle Eastern flavours. I love that it takes almost no time to make this and yet is so versatile and yummy. For me it ticks all the boxes of a great dressing as it is creamy but healthy. Sesame seeds have ten times as much calcium as dairy products (gram for gram), so this dressing will give you a good boost. And I love playing with the flavours by adding other spices and herbs and pouring it over my Buddha bowl.
- 2 tbsp tahini sesame paste
- 1 clove garlic , crushed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp water , hot
- Spoon the tahini paste into a heat-proof bowl.
- Add the crushed garlic, lemon juice, salt and hot water and stir to combine.
- If the dressing is too thick, simply add more water until the consistency is how you like it.
- Check the seasoning, then serve as a dressing or dip.